New Delhi: India registered 12,213 new Covid cases in the last 24 hours, a 38.4 percent increase over the previous day’s total of 8, 822 instances. This is the first time since February 26 that the number of viral infections has surpassed 10,000 in a single day.
Here are the top ten coronavirus updates in India:
- According to the Health Ministry, India’s active COVID-19 caseload now stands at 58,215 cases, accounting for 0.13 percent of overall infections.
- With 7,624 recoveries in the previous 24 hours, the total number of recoveries now stands at 4,26,74,712.
- Three virus-related deaths were recorded in Kerala, two in Maharashtra, and one each in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh.
- The positive rate in Delhi increased to 7.01 percent on Wednesday, with the national capital reporting 1,375 new cases. This is the second day in a row that Delhi has registered more than 1,100 cases. There were no documented deaths as a result of the virus.
- The state health agency reported 4,024 new coronavirus cases, a 36% increase over the previous day, including two pandemic-related fatalities. The case count on Wednesday was the highest since February 12, when the state registered 4,359 instances.
- In the state, four new instances of the B.A.5 type of coronavirus have been identified. New B.A.5 cases have been reported from Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai, and Pune, with all four patients ranging in age from 19 to 36 years.
- The local municipal authority reported 2,293 new COVID-19 cases, the highest daily tally since January 23, and one new death connected to the virus.
- COVID-19 immunisation for children aged 12 to 14 years old began on March 16, 2022. More than 3.53 crore (3,53,38,654) teens have received the first dose of the COVID vaccination so far.
- On August 7, 2020, India’s COVID-19 tally reached 20 lakh, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5, 50 lakh on September 16, 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20, and one crore on December 19, 2020.
- On May 4, 2021, the country passed the sad milestone of two crore instances, and three crore on June 23, 2021.